Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Edward Weston

Edward Weston ... [1886-1958] An American photographer and co-founder of Group f/64. He is regarded as one of the masters of 20th century photography ...

"He raised images to the level of poetry" ... Check out some of his images ...

[1] Edward Weston images ...
[2] Edward Weston ...

Ansel Adams on Weston ...
"Weston is, in the real sense, one of the few creative artists of today. He has recreated the matter-forms and forces of nature; he has made these forms eloquent of the fundamental unity of the world. His work illuminates man's inner journey toward perfection of the spirit."

Read more about Edward Weston, click here ...

Personal Note ... I love his "Pepper", "Eggplant" and "Shell" images ... and his nudes are very very artistic!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jyoti, really enjoying your posts on the classic images. I hope everyone else latches on soon :-) Keep up the amazing work and thanks for taking the time to share.

Jyoti said...

Thanks Sebastian!

Well my only contribution here is organizing the informations ... but of course what I choose to put here, from the unlimited amount of information on the net, is my discretion ...

However even if very few or no-one visits this place, I would still keep posting here, till I have organized whatever I wish to ... and that's a whole lot!!!!

dormitorio de matrimonio said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that's what I think.